In a world of ever-changing technology, we are passionate about ensuring that children at Avening Primary School are able to keep themselves safe online and embrace all that technology has to offer.
- We have a progressive e-safety curriculum, based upon the SWGfL Digital Literacy curriculum.
- We work with National Online Safety to deliver online workshops for all our parents and carers (see below).
- We take part in Internet Safety Day each year.
- We ensure that staff are trained in e-safety.
- School leaders and governors complete the '360 Safe' Audit, ensuring that we keep pace with recommendations.
- We have a wise owl called Edward who helps to keep us e-safe. Click on the links below to see some of his top tips!
National Online Safety - Interactive Online Workshop
The online world is posing an ever-increasing risk to children and it is important that schools, parents and carers work together to take an active role in teaching children about online dangers and how to act safely when using the internet.
-Information about online dangers and the newest platform
-What online risks to look out for and how to protect your child
- Internet matters - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- South West Grid for Learning - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Net-aware - for support for parents and careers from the NSPCC
- Parent info - for support for parents and carers to keep their children safe online
- Thinkuknow - for advice from the National Crime Agency to stay safe online
- UK Safer Internet Centre - advice for parents and carers
- Free additional support for staff in responding to online safety issues can be accessed from the Professionals Online Safety Helpline at the UK Safer Internet Centre.